I'm Here...Wanna Chat?

Contact me at brittneegropp@gmail.com

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reflection...


As I sit on this Sunday looking back at old blog posts and perusing my old scrapbooks and pictures, I've come to the conclusion that Brittnee is all grown up. I don't know what would have given me that idea since I've been paying bills and working full-time for what seems like forever now, but when you remember things you did ten years ago in Junior High you realize life is happening fast, and right before your eyes.

I've realized that yes, I may be all grown up, but am I the woman I want to be? I wish I was more of an independent soul, someone who didn't care what others thought about her, and did everything in her power to please only herself and her family. I feel that I have no accomplishments other than being married to a wonderful man. I'm not a college graduate and should be and I'm not a mom but long to be. We are not homeowners and can't afford to be for quite some time, and I'm not spiritually where I want to be either.

But as I think about all of the women I could be, I've realized I'm exactly who I should be. I'm a daughter to loving parents, both earthly and heavenly. I'm in every way like my mother and I'm so proud to be her daughter. I'm a loving wife and a hard worker. I'm a sister, an aunt, a daughter, a granddaughter, and a friend to many. I'm a shoulder to lean on or to cry on. I'm an ear for listening, and if you ever need someone to talk your life away I'm your gal.

I am indeed all grown up now and if I had to change one thing it would not be to make a better me but would be to know what I know now, way back then.

1 comment:

jmholloway said...

This was an awesome post. Sometimes it is hard to look at who we are and what we would like to be and be happy with what we have right now. You are doing a great job with this. I can learn from your example.

Mindi :)

BTW Things aren't working out for us to come to the wedding. I am pretty bummed, but we have to do what we can right!