Shane and I have the lovely little hall closet that is meant for everything we don't have a place for in our apartment. (I'm sure we all have those around our houses) Well I'm the biggest perfectionist and have a little OCD at times and have literally cleaned out this closet every two months since we moved in, in August 2007. To no avail this closet cannot remain clean. It is a monster. It carries our food storage, all of Shane's tools and home remedy supplies, as well as spare blankets, extra plastic bags from grocery shopping, locks for our doors when we buy our first house (they were free I'm not that obsessed) and a remote control helicopter we've never used. Really it's all junk and could probably get thrown away or reorganized into other parts of the house but we've tried that several times. Well, two nights ago, Shane opened the door to grab me a blanket (he was being sweet so I can't be mad at what happened next) the blanket snagged on a can of wood conditioner and the can dropped to the floor, was obviously not closed tight enough and spilled all over our carpet. (Did I mention we rent and have to pay for this?) Shane being the handyman that he is grabbed some cleaners from his carpet cleaning days and got it to the point where you could not even tell what we did. Well that lasted for about a day, until we went home for lunch yesterday and opened our door and just about died because the smell was so intense. We may have stopped a stain but we couldn't stop it from soaking into the carpet and pad. Shane had to take a knife to our carpet and cut almost a three foot by two foot hole in our floor right down to the bare cement. Needless to say, we will definitely be replacing the carpet before we move out now in just six short months! So I say again, Oops!
Friday, December 5, 2008
OOPS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That totally bites!
Post a Comment