Today, as I sat in church and listened to the lovely people in my ward bear their testimonies as my heart was simultaneously filled, I glanced over and saw a little baby girl. This little girl was all smiles for me and I felt at peace that we would be blessed with a child to raise and love someday. Because I have been counseled that an adoption will be a very spiritual experience, I tried to tune into that very spirit today. I asked over and over again about time. I pondered the "nows", the "laters", and the "nevers". Nothing felt right. Blocked by the spirit, I realized two very fundamental things. One, there is no understanding of time for me because one thing I really need to learn is patience. Heavenly Father knows this, and let's be honest, how would I grow from this challenge in life if it was easy and happened exactly as I desired. I keep forgetting the Lord knows what he is doing and that there is meaning in all things. Secondly, I learned that my spirit is easily blocked. My mindset lately has been very scattered. Some days I'm sad, others angry. I feel disappointment, I feel frustration, I feel jealousy, I feel happiness, I feel joy, I feel fear and I feel love. All of these emotions can seriously alter my mindset. Because of this, I'm pushing the spirit away.
I'm realizing that time doesn't matter because I understand and know in my heart that I will be a mom. I'm trying to tell myself to slow down and enjoy the process. I know I have so much to learn and I have so much to gain from this. I truly wish I had friends going through similar things because it would be such a strength to me.
For now, I'm grateful for the chance to see life from different views. Had I never been faced with an infertility issue, I may never have found such peace and joy in the Plan of Salvation and the pure peace the spirit can give to me. I look forward to the hard months. I look forward to the waiting periods. I look forward to the meet and greets. I look forward to having a child placed in my arms, and I look forward to, believe it or not, doing this all over again when we long to build our family again.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Mindset
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment